Energy Services Country Manager
Energy Services Country Manager
Main Purpose of Role:
The Saudi Arabia Penspen Energy Services Country Manager has overall responsibility for the delivery of the Saudi Arabia Energy Services business plan. In alignment with the East EVP and the Regional Head of Engineering (RHE) (and the Director of PMO), the Country Manager consults with the Regional Leadership Team (RLT) to build and manage a team of specialists, and on the delivery of the annual country budget (revenue, gross margin, contribution, EBITDA, operating profit, and positive cashflow).
The Country Manager is responsible for the delivery of the Energy Services projects in Saudi Arabia. This role will be based around the continued development of the team and systems as well as oversight of projects on a direct reporting basis.
The Country Manager provides Business Development Leadership for the Country, aligned to our Sales & Marketing policies, processes and procedure. In this role, the Country Manager is responsible for relationship management for our strategic Saudi Arabia Clients.
The Country Manager is also responsible for delivering our Energy Services innovation strategy in Saudi Arabia in close cooperation with the RHE, to evolve our Engineering Factory delivery concept.
This role is based in Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia.
Significant range of fundamental principles and complex techniques across a wide and often unpredictable variety of contexts. Wide scope for personal autonomy. Significant responsibility for the work of others and allocation of substantial resources.
- Deliver the annual Country Service Line budget targets: revenue, gross margin, contribution, EBITDA, operating profit and positive cash flow.
- Lead the Country Energy Service Line budget and business plan process in collaboration with the MEA Region Leadership Team.
- Provide regular internal communications on business performance and updates to all Region staff in collaboration with the MEA Region Leadership Team.
- Resolve together with the East EVP and MEA Region Leadership Team any performance issues within the region that may impact the ability to achieve the business plan objectives.
- Managing the Energy Service Line team in the efficient and effective delivery of services to our clients in the Country:
- Regularly assess project performance with the delivery teams and identify corrective actions to the project and development opportunities for the service lines.
- Provide client feedback on project delivery standards to the Service Lines to identify issues and support the resolution of the same to maximize gross margin and client satisfaction.
- Encourage sharing of best practice group-wide through our Engineering Body of Knowledge (EBOK) and Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK)
- Ensure all our Energy Services projects are delivered as per our contractual commitments to the highest quality standard and on time.
- Executive relationship management for our strategic Country Energy Services Clients.
- Proactive management of Engineering staff utilization and Service Line Overhead costs as per the budget targets.
- Embraces our Penspen business values to ensure that all that staff have a fit for purpose working environment to work in which is safe, rewarding, delivery focused to maintain a high level of productivity.
- Visibly consistent in the alignment to and application and reporting of Group policies and procedures for:
- Commercial & Legal: All Group Policies and the MEA Region Delegation of Authority
- Finance, including project accounting, travel, expenses, allowances and procurement.
- HR, including the participation of all local staff in performance and development.
- QHSE, including the management of local QHSE performance.
- IT, including the delivery of local IT services and management of IT systems in a manner that is consistent with Group Information Systems strategy and policy
- Support the EVP in corporate governance of Penspen entities in the Country, to include effective regional risk reporting, risk management and decision making.
- Provide local leadership to Penspen staff to ensure that they feel engaged by and included in the Penspen team.
- Willingness to travel as required to support business needs.
- Manages and coordinates all engineering disciplines by providing leadership, expertise and direction
- Ensures the level of competencies and capabilities (tools, procedures, organization and resources) of all disciplines.
- Is responsible for the management of the Engineering teams. This includes the recruitment of qualified individuals, monitoring of employees performance, and management of resources. Maintaining and developing the expertise of Department personnel in terms of:
- Working methods.
- Technical training.
- Career planning of individuals with the HR teams
- Establishes the Department strategy in coordination with RHE in accordance with technology and business development initiatives.
- Ensures Department adheres to financial and employees utilization budgets and targets.
- Ensures the proper coordination with other departments to optimize the priorities of projects interests
- Establishes the structure of the Department to ensure efficient and effective management and distribution of workload (Independent Consultant) and manpower, capacity planning, tools development.
- Provides appropriate input to proposals and pre-qualifications
Qualifications/Knowledge / Experience (Skills):
- Bachelor degree in Engineering discipline or equivalent
- Project Management Professional certification
- Mechanical/Electrical/Process engineering background preferable
- Minimum 20 years of experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience successfully leading an Engineering delivery team
- Working with Saudi Aramco projects is preferable
- Regional Knowledge and Experience: GCC engineering consultancy experience, having worked with NOCs, IOCs and EPC Clients in the region in the capacity of Engineering Manager/Head of Discipline
- Mix of Upstream, Midstream and Downstream project experience is essential; Renewable energy project experience is an advantage
- Prior engineering design experience will be an added advantage
- Must have strong experience of managing projects on 3D platforms
- Must have experience of managing efficiently and cost-effective delivery from subcontractors
- Achieved expert status (Lead or HoD level) within a core Engineering discipline
- Project Management experience – delivery of study, FEED and Detailed Design projects would be an advantage
- Experience with applying technology and new delivery methodologies to improve productivity and reduce delivery cost (innovation experience) would be an advantage
- Excellent people management skills - knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, resource modelling, people management and motivational leadership
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing client and personal services - this includes client needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of client satisfaction
- Self-motivated with ability to prioritise and delegate critical activities
- Collaborative approach – build and maintain a positive team culture within the business
- Good organisational and time management skills